KHSC provides a wide range of care and treatments for various conditions related to the human eye. We have three clinic locations at our Hotel Dieu site:
Mary Alice 1 Ophthalmology Clinic
- Located on level 1 behind the volunteer information deck, you can enter through the main entrance off Brock Street, proceed straight ahead towards the gift shop and past the volunteer information desk. Then turn to your right and proceed up the ramp to the registration desk.
Johnson 2 Research & Low Vision Rehabilitation Clinic
- Located on Johnson 2, you can enter through the main entrance off Brock Street and take the main lobby elevators up to level 2. Once you get off the elevators, turn right and then right again and follow the hallway halfway down until you reach the first right where you will find the Ophthalmology Research Area.
Johnson 6 Ophthalmology Clinic
- Located on Johnson 6, you can enter through the main entrance off Brock Street and take the main lobby elevators up to level 6. Once you get off the elevator, turn right and then right again and following the hallway down to the registration desk.
Preparing for your appointment
When are coming to one of the the Ophthalmology Clinics, please remember to bring the following:
- Your appointment slip which includes the time and date of your appointment
- Your Health Card, also known as your OHIP card
- A complete and up-to-date list of your current medications provided to you by your pharmacist, or all of the medications you are currently taking, in their original drugstore container. This includes insulin, inhalers, any prescribed creams or eye drops as well as any non-prescription medications or supplements such as herbals and vitamins
You are also welcome to bring a family member or friend for support or personal assistance and they are welcome to attend your clinic visit with you if you wish. You may also bring a snack in case your clinic appointment is delayed or runs late.
If you need to check your appointment time, re-schedule your appointment or cancel your appointment time, please call us using the number on your appointment slip.
If you have lost your appointment slip, please call 613-548-2342, or our toll-free number at 1-855-851-3490.
Pleas note, Patients must be referred to this service by a physician/healthcare professional.
Services We Offer
Below is a list of the various services our Ophthalmology Team provide:
- Cataract Surgery
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Cornea & External Disease
- Low Vision Rehabilitation Clinic
- Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery and Orbit
- Pediatric Ophthalmology
- Refractive Surgery
- Ocular Pathology
Billing and Payment
Occasionally patients are billed for services. When this happens patients are notified in advance. For more details on how to pay a bill visit our Billing and Expenses page.