Children's Outpatient Clinic
The Children’s Outpatient Clinic at KHSC’s Hotel Dieu Hospital site serves patients from birth until their 18th birthday. COPC is home to both booked specialty pediatric clinics and a walk-in Urgent Care Clinic for pediatric patients who may require care that can’t wait for an appointment with their family doctor. If your child requires immediate care for a serious illness, major trauma or other medical emergency, please take them to the Emergency Department at KGH site.
We understand that this can be a scary experience for children and a stressful time for parents. The staff at COPC are committed to ensuring that their patients and families feel safe and have a complete understanding of the care experience. We encourage you to ask questions at any time about your child’s
The COPC Urgent Care Clinic is open Monday to Friday 9 am to 4 pm and is located on Jeanne Mance 1. Enter the hospital through the main doors off Brock Street and walk past the Café. The COPC is the first door on your left. Please note that patients requiring the COPC Urgent Care Clinic are not seen in order of arrival to make sure that we see our sickest patients first. When patients present to the COPC Urgent Care Clinic they will first be seen by our Triage nurses. Please have a seat in our Triage waiting area where these specially trained nurses will call patients according to how sick they might be.
Specialty Clinics at COPC
Our specialty clinics are open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm, and include:
Patients must be referred to these specialty care clinics by a physician or healthcare professional.
- your appointment slip (if visiting a specialty clinic)
- Health Insurance (OHIP) Card
- a complete and up-to-date list of medications provided by your pharmacist OR all medications in their original drugstore container, insulin, inhalers, prescribed creams, eye drops and non-prescription medications such as herbals and vitamins
- a family member or friend for support or personal assistance; if you wish, this person may attend your clinic visit with you
- a snack in case your clinic appointment is delayed.
To check your appointment time, re-schedule your appointment or cancel your appointment call the number on your appointment slip. If you have lost your appointment slip call 613-548-2342 or call toll-free: 1-855-851-3490.